If you have Polish roots then isn’t it time to discover your heritage with an authentic Polish cultural, historical and service experience?
Discover Your Poland is a truly authentic cultural, historical heritage and social responsible program exclusively for Canadian youth with Polish roots (aged 15 -23).
Discover Your Poland is an extension of Fundacja Dziecięca Fantazja’s Journey for a Lifetime program which, since 2007, has brought 65 student groups from Canada to Poland (330 students in total) to immerse the students into Polish culture, history and traditions and to learn/understand the needs of others less fortunate.
The positive results of Fantazja’s Journey for a Lifetime program were recognised by the award of the Canadian Governor General’s Medallion to the co-creators of Fantazja and by the Canada Poland Chamber of Commerce in Toronto (see Awards).
Discover Your Poland:
- Promotes the core values of ethnic identity to young Polish Canadians.
- Promotes Poland and true Polish culture and tradition.
- Creates young Polish ambassadors and potential future Polish community leaders in Canada.
- Provides a unique life-changing experience and creates a lasting and meaningful impression.
Discover, first hand:
- The history, culture, traditions, everyday life and social/economic conditions of, and in, Poland.
- The inspirational stories of families in Poland who are coping with a child suffering from a life-threatening illness or life-limiting condition. You will personally meet the children and their families to hear and understand their daily struggle to survive and you will also witness their values of love, pride, courage, determination and strength that are uniquely Polish.
All trips are 12 days duration and in Poland you will visit:
- Krakow – Old Town, Jewish Square, Wawel Castle.
- Auschwitz Concentration Camp.
- Rehabilitation Center for Disabled Children and Youth in Rusinowice.
- Jasna Góra Monastery in Częstochowa.
- Warsaw Old Town.
- Warsaw Uprising Museum.
- Warsaw Military Cemetery.
- Office of the Polish Ministry of Culture & Heritage and Polish Senate.
- Various Towns, Rural Villages and Heritage Sites.
- A resort/training center in Southern Poland for 5 days, where you will use your compassionate talents to personally work with sick children in planned recreational and activity programs, teaching them various motor skills and getting to know the children and their families. You will help them prepare to integrate into society.
You will also have the unique privilege of making 10 children’s dreams come true by presenting them with their wish gifts, and more.
Are you ready to Discover Your Poland?
Please CONTACT US for further information about 2018 & 2019 Discover Your Poland trips or to request a brochure.